- Working Here
- Career Areas
About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Services is one of many companies within the C&S Family of Companies, the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. At C&S, We Select the Best® & those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition for Employment with C&S Wholesale Services, Inc. C&S Wholesale Services, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
The Driver/Dispatch Supervisor is responsible for the execution of the day-to-day operational plans set forth by the transportation department, while providing direction and support to fellow transportation team members. The supervisor will also communicate and coordinate with other functional areas such as warehouse shipping, receiving, safety, customer service, maintenance, and routing in order to handle and resolve any operational issue that may arise during the course of executing the plan. In addition, the OB supervisor will educate and promote proper work behaviors and procedures to maintain a culture of safety in the workplace environment.
· Responsible for championing a team of drivers to optimal performance. This includes tracking of key metrics, coaching through performance issues, behavior modification counseling as per company guidelines and maintaining morale.
· Responsible for managing controllable costs, including, but not limited to, hourly labor, supplemental labor, fuel economy and equipment R&M.
· Responsible for monitoring yard operations to align with warehouse needs. Ensuring yard jockeys follow best practices in the areas of yard organization and trailer utilization, while practicing all safety guidelines set forth by the company.
· Complete routine observations and audits to ensure that drivers perform pre and post trips of equipment, complete all work assignments in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
· Support and assist in any payroll responsibilities and or functions as per the directive of the Transportation Manager.
· Support and assist the Safety Specialist with Driver Qualification files, driver log accuracy and execution of the company's drug and alcohol testing protocol.
· Travel Required: No
· Office: Office Temperature (65F to 75F)
· Specialized Knowledge: Basic DOT regulations and OSHA knowledge.
· Special Skills: Interpersonal skills
· Physical abilities:
· Other : Multi-Tasking.
· General Computing Ability. Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
Years Of Experience
· 2-5: Relevant Experience,
1st Shift (United States of America)
C&S Wholesale Services, Inc.