- Working Here
- Career Areas
About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing small to large size automation & facilities construction projects independently or specific section(s) of large complex projects, including all project stages and phases from initiation, to execution and implementation in order to support the automation, design, and construction team, functions or company-wide strategic initiatives in areas of new business, network moves, business enhancements, cross functional programs, and acquisitions. Working in close collaboration with the project teams and all internal/external project stakeholders, the Project Manager establishes a comprehensive project plan and ensures all project work streams are properly planned and executed, from initial scoping to final initiation and controls to seamlessly achieve successful completion of assigned projects. In this capacity, the Project Manager is expected to utilize, develop and evolve Project Management Methodology Plans for each project, as well as to stay current on industry data, systems, and technologies to effectively meet company needs and train employees and partners on the usage of the implemented systems.
• Develop schedules and scopes of work for project initiation, planning, control, and closeout. This includes but is not limited to creating project plans, gathering project requirements, organizing all individuals involved, creating/facilitating and developing task/action lists to hold all parties accountable and measuring success. (25%)
• Travel to distribution centers, warehouses, dispatch centers and facilities to conduct requirements gathering, coaching, and training activities based on project needs. (25%)
• Monitor, prepare analysis and report on the status of efforts, anticipating and identifying risks that inhibit the attainment of project goals to include financial tracking. Facilitate risk management reviews. (20%)
• Determine objectives and measures upon which project success is evaluated by facilitating and gathering input from business and technical stakeholders. This includes building and managing relationships with project stakeholders to ensure 100% satisfaction with project and attainment of return on investment. (10%)
• Effectively and consistently communicate work progress internally and, as applicable, externally throughout each project. (10%)
• Conduct review meetings and post-mortems discussions at the end of each project milestones and phases. (10%)
• Travel Required: Yes
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.